We are currently recruiting Dozer Operators to join our growing team within the Thompson-Nicola region of British Columbia. These positions offer a rewarding opportunity to work on key mining projects and build your career with a fast-growing company and a close-knit team that supports your personal and professional development.
All positions are ‘Point of Hire’ – offering no LOA or Travel Allowance working at the following Mine locations:
- Highland Valley Copper Mine – 17 kilometres west of Logan Lake, BC
- New Afton Mine – 17 kilometres west of Kamloops, BC
- Elk Gold Project – midway between Merritt and West Kelowna, BC
Candidates should demonstrate a history of skilled experience operating a GPS equipped Dozer for road construction, running grade, cutting slope, stockpiling, finished grading, working in all types of ground conditions, performing successive passes over working area observing reference grade stakes or hand signals to specified grades, drawing & grade stake reading, and requiring limited supervision and direction.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret drawings, plans and diagrams to perform required work
• Accurately complete all work reports and maintenance logs
• Communicate with co-workers
• Regularly perform Safety inspection of equipment
• Oblige to Health and Safety Procedures and Processes
• Follow equipment maintenance schedule and advise if repair is required
• Perform other related tasks as needed
• Mining Experience preferred
• 3 plus years’ experience operating a CAT Dozer
• Familiar with completing and following an FLHA
• Experience and willingness to operate other equipment is preferred
• Operates safely with care and attention to the equipment, the jobsite and the crew
• Strict attention and compliance with equipment cleanliness, maintenance and completing logs
What we offer you:
• Competitive Wage in line with your expertise
• Long-term employment for qualified individuals
Location: Depending on hire date and needs of the business within the Thompson-Nicola region of British Columbia
Nhwelmen-Lake Limited Partnership is a 51% Nlaka’pamux owned entity and a Certified Aboriginal Business by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business.
Lake Excavating Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest and most respected earthworks and infrastructure contractors with over 55 years experience in earthworks, road construction, underground and surface works, delivering projects of all sizes for clients in a variety of industries. Our team of experienced professionals, combined with our fleet of over 100 pieces of heavy-duty equipment, gives us the unique in-house capacity to meet all our customer needs for residential, commercial, and large industrial applications alike.
Thank you for your interest in Lake Excavating Ltd. and the Nhwelmen-Lake Limited Partnership.